Sunday, November 2, 2008

You like me? You really like me.

Wow. I finally got some sort of blogger award. I really feel unworthy, seeing as how I haven't been able to blog much lately and when I do I need to be reminded to blog about what I'm supposed to be blogging about (thanks, Paige, for keeping me on task). I must say I can accept the Perfect Blend of Friendship Award much more easily than the BFF Gold Card. I'll tell you a little bit more about that later. But first, let me thank Lavenderchick for nominating me. My heart is so big (an inside joke related to something Lavenderchick herself said way back in about 1990. I think it was in Mexico and tequila was to blame. You know, as I recall. If I knew how to work my scanner, I would scan the picture of her saying it. The scary thing is I have the picture.)
Do you have the same friends since childhood?
Yes, thank God! What's funny is some of them have come and gone and we've done other things -- been single, married, divorced, single again, married, had kids and careers and cats and dogs -- but there is a comfortability (if that's a word) that I couldn't bear to lose. I find great comfort in the fact that Debi, Paige, Lisa, Dara and Kim know what I'm talking about without me having to explain it. They know the difference between a Hut Coke and a Sonic Coke. They know where my heart is even if what I am saying is outrageous. It's just easier. And, we generally find the same things funny and understand the background behind the rant.

Are your friends sounding boards?
What would we do without our girlfriends? Mine most certainly have stepped in to provide an auxiliary brain when I have been beyond thinking clearly. And they step in to pick up my basket when I drop it. Still, I must say my most frequent and dependable sounding board is my husband Ryan, who actually will patiently play along and answer when I annoyingly ask the question, "what should I do?"

What is your favorite activity to share with friends?
Talking, exploring, and pondering life with an occasional glass of wine or a good cup of coffee.
This is where I get to brag on my new friends. When you have so many old friends from the old days in West Texas, it's hard to imagine that new friends can match up. I have been proven wrong on this one and my new friends (you know who you are) have added to my life in ways I never could have figured.


OK, so more about the BFF Gold Card. This award doesn't appear to have any questions with it. I really must say I don't deserve this award because I haven't always been the best friend or person in the world, but my friend Deb is a great person to send it my way anyway because she's a loving, forgiving and overlooking friend. It must be because she's a middle child.

No comments: