Lavenderchick grew weary with my procrastination so I finally decided to rebel against my perfectionism and just take a few pictures of the bar I have been writing about for months now. This is the bar that makes my Modelo so happy.
Here is the top. All these images were cut out of a planner book Mr. Kevin gave me for my birthday about 10 years ago. And then my super new neighbor Lauren had a book of Mexican folk art and advertising images that she sacrificed for the projecto.
It was really fun and easy and so if you'd like to make one of these happy places to sit and solve the problems of the world, here's all you need:
1. Friend who is raising money for a vacation and wants to unload their ugly bar on you, "because I know you can do something cute with it."
2. Motivation to do something fabulous with ugly bar because you'll never hear the end of it from your husband and brother who had to help you move it. And really, it's destroying your chi just sitting around in your garage it's so ugly. See:
3. Smart and creative neighbor who is interested in helping you "create" in a steaming hot garage.
4. At least one bottle of red wine.
5. Maybe a few beers for when you get thirsty.
6. A chance bottle of Modge Podge you don't know why you have.
8. Leftover paint in fun and funky colors.
9. Palm fronds you just happened to have trimmed off your palm trees that you can rescue from the compost pile. If you don't have any, call me. I have a little more trimming to do.
10. Staple gun, any do-it-yourselfer woman's best friend.
11. Great new lime green spray paint from Home Depot for bar stools. They've sure have come a long way with spray paint colors, havent' they?
12. Briwax or gel stain to age and/or "antique" it all. It needs to look like it's been salvaged from Francisco's Bar in Boquillas.
So there you go. That's the bar I've been raving about. We had such fun putting it together. And the sad part is we haven't had much time since to belly up to it. But we will.